I was down for the count with a headache for the last few days and, obviously, didn’t list my newest lamb as soon as I wanted. But here she is freshly listed.
Designing with the fuchsia was really challenging. Like I mentioned in the last post, I just LOVE the color. But finding other colors and a print to go with it was harder than I thought it would be. The stripes in the body were the worst! I pulled out a bunch of attempts. I’m not sure if you can see it in the photo, but the green is actually 2 different colors. That was the only way I could get the colors to harmonize with the yarn I had available.
Embroidering the expression was sort of difficult too, come to think of it. I found the right green in my floss stash and stitched the nose and mouth. But when I looked at the lines of the mouth from a distance they were hard to see. So I took a deep, steadying breath and used a permanent marker in the color I needed to darken the mouth. Man, am I glad it didn’t bleed onto the white yarn!